FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Get answers fast! Browse our list of the most frequently asked questions to see if your question has been answered.
Can I pay my bill online?
Absolutely! We’re proud to offer convenient, secure online bill pay! You can save time and money, as well as go paperless and avoid fees.
Setting Up Quarterly Online Invoicing
- Go to our website and select Pay My Bill.
- Select “Register Now” and follow the prompts.
- Enter your customer number; it’s located on your first bill.
- Enter your access code. Also found on your first bill in the description notes.
- Enter your email address. Enter it again to confirm.
- Create a password. Enter it again to confirm.
- Select “Register Now.”
Go Paperless and Set Up Autopay Online
- Sign into the account you just created.
- Select “Billing Options,” located at the bottom of the screen.
- To go paperless: Select the toggle for “on” beside your choice of either Email Notifications or Email Notifications with Bill Attached.
- To sign up for autopay: Select the toggle for “on” beside the Automatic Payment option.
Please note: To avoid the $5 Administrative Fee, you must select the “on” option for “Email Notifications with Bill Attached” as well as “on” for the option “Automatic Payments,” and you must also turn off “Printed Bill.” Following the steps above takes care of your autopay and your paperless billing. Don’t forget to turn off that Printed Bill option to save paper and money!
What if my service was suspended?
If service disruption is due to nonpayment, service will resume after any past due balances have been paid. To make a payment on your account, we offer safe and convenient autopay, as well as the ability for you to pay online at www.cardsrecycling.com. Additionally, you can mail in a check or reach us at 877-592-2737. If your account is locked due to delinquency, one of our friendly representatives is ready to assist you.
What time should I set out my cart(s)?
Have your poly cart(s) set out for collection the night before your collection day. You can place them out as early as 6 p.m. in most cities.
How do I place my trash cart for the best service experience?
There are a couple of things you can do to optimize your experience with us.
- Place containers out the night before service.
- Set them on a hard, flat, level surface.
- Ensure your carts are clear from obstructions, like snow, landscaping, mailboxes, utility poles, and vehicles.
- Do not block sidewalks.
- Containers must remain upright.
- Keep all materials inside the container.
- Do not place containers back-to-back.
- Leave clearance space around each container so the arm can grab, lift, empty, and return it to the curb. Allow 3′ of space around all sides.
- Face the opening towards the curb and the handle towards your home.
Can I pile extra trash on top of my container? What if the lid won't close?
Ensure all trash and recycling is inside the container with the lid closed. It’s windy! You don’t want to have to chase down your trash if it escapes. Trash items must be bagged. This also prevents random fluids and scraps from collecting at the bottom of your container – which leads to odors and pests. Items outside of the container will not be collected. If you find yourself often squishing extra trash into the container or holding items back to fit them in next week, you may need an additional container. Contact us to get pricing.
Note: DO NOT BAG RECYCLING.
Do you pick up trash on holidays?
When a holiday falls on a weekday, your collection day will be on a one-day delay. If a holiday falls on a weekend, there will be no service delay. Service days prior to the holiday will not be affected: please place your container out on your regularly scheduled service day. View our current Holiday Schedule here.
Why do I see a CARDS truck in my neighborhood but they didn't collect my trash?
CARDS sends out different trucks for each type of service, so you may see a CARDS truck in your neighborhood that collects a different type of waste than what is at your curb. This does not mean your house was missed! Pickup service may not be completed until 7 p.m. each day.
What should I do if my pickup has been missed?
If there happens to be a missed pickup for any other reason other than nonpayment, please let us know the day after your service day and we will be there within 24 hours, typically by the end of the next business day. Please note that sometimes it takes until 7 p.m. to finish the routes for the day.
What can I recycle with CARDS?
Typically, tin, aluminum, plastics, cardboard, and paper are accepted. Please avoid Styrofoam.
Should I bag my recycling?
No. We ask that you put your recycling items directly into your cart. Your items will get separated at the recycling center. Bagging those items makes it more difficult to separate and process your recycling.
What services does CARDS offer?
Short answer: Residential trash and recycling collection, industrial waste and commercial waste services, portable toilet rentals, and roll-off rentals.
Long answer: It varies by location and where we have contracts. For example, your municipality may have contracted with us to be the exclusive service provider for your city but they may have chosen only to have us provide curbside trash collection (and not recycling). For a more refined answer based on your location, please review the area-specific page we’ve made for you under our Service Area page.